Thursday, May 7, 2009

Rooster in Rio

Back in Rio after a week of going further south...and staying in a hostel at Copacobana. I know I´m going to sound rooster-obsessed but this one is definitely in cahoots with Geronimo. Why else would a random rooster be walking up and down our really steep hostel block and insist on crowing at all times of the night?! That too, right outside my dorm window. Aagh. I counted the other night...then lost count after the 25th crow/cackle - whatever you want to call it. And not because I fell asleep.

I remembered this guy waiting next to me at a bus stop in Guaranda, Ecuador, at 7am in the morning. He saw a chicken come out of nowhere and walk along the sidewalk across the road. In a flash, he had crossed and caught the chicken by its legs...and was back waiting for the bus. He looked super pleased and why wouldn´t he be? It´s not often that dinner comes running to you on its own.

I wish someone would see that potential in my Rio rooster. I´m sure he´d be great for someone´s dinner. Bah.

No comments: