Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hostel talk

Lodging in New Zealand has been all about staying in dorms so far. It's significantly cheaper, easier to meet people and...that's about it. Part of that whole parcel is being an ear-witness to conversations you normally wouldn't have been privy to...not such a bad thing if you think about it.

Last night, as I lay reading Ender's Game (awesome book btw - if you haven't read it yet, do) in my top bunk I was involuntarily subjected to a conversation between three of my female room mates and another one they met at the hostel. I'm going to make a note about it just to acknowledge my amusement and slight shock. Our guest was going through her (sexual) activity diary over her last couple of months in Australia. Her way of cataloging this involved four columns marked by date - (P)rotected, (U)nprotected, (G)irls and (B)lowjobs. At last count, she was at a total of 29 over a period of two months. Impressive...or horrifying?

3 comments:

Ash said...

That is absolutely hilarious!

karen said...

Bet she was British (?)

catechin said...

Yes, she was :)