Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The big egg

I have to make note of this in case I forget in the next few months or years...I´m in possession of a big egg!!!

This is not an X-rated post.

Salinas is a little town sort of in the middle of nowhere...well, Ecuador...but in the middle of nowhere in Ecuador (Proof: There was no cell reception in that town even on what is possibly Ecuador´s most popular network). There is a big reason to go there though...for me. Salinas makes its own chocolate and exports couverture to Italy and finished chocolate goods to Japan.

It´s all milk chocolate but definitely some of the best I´ve tried in Ecuador so far...and believe me, I have been trying. Hard. So I bought this little egg of chocolate (remember Kinder eggs?) and it had a surprise inside. Unlike Kinder eggs, which actually have a plastic case holding some sort of toy (what do they do with those plastic cases after the chocolate´s gone anyway? I´ve always wondered...such a waste) , this one had a little ball of foil that was wrapped around a bracelet! I love it. I then saw a bigger egg (of chocolate) and had to have it. It was about 10 times the size of my little one!

Now I have a big egg...that also has something inside of it. I´m super-excited. So excited that I haven´t started eating it yet. I feel like Charlie before he found the golden ticket to the chocolate factory. Also, the fact that I´m going to be on the Amazon for 10 days with no access to other chocolate might have something to do with saving it...

4 comments:

Ash said...

I'll give you $1 for the big egg.

catechin said...

That´s nowhere near reserve price. I might send you a photo though. Try again :P

Ash said...

$0.50 is my best offer. Take it or eat it.

catechin said...

Eating it...